The University Library supports researchers and HDR students through each of the five key phases of the research lifecycle: plan, produce, publish, promote and preserve.
The Library Research Support Strategy defines the Library's position as a strategic partner in BG体育平台网站 research initiatives and identifies its role in providing resources, professional advice, training and management of the University's research output.
Every research project needs a great plan to manage time and meet milestones.
- Contact your Liaison Librarian
- Apply for data storage
- Install and set up Endnote
- Plan for research engagement and impact opportunities
Find and organise your information and research data.
- Select a social research method
- Build better searches with a search strategy
- Locate the literature and find information
- Access Document Delivery and Inter-library loans
- Request to borrow off-campus
- Use Endnote effectively
- Back up and store your work securely with good Research Data Management
Publish your research in the right places to make social and economic impacts.
- Learn about publishing your research strategically
- Make your research Open Access
- Seek out Copyright advice and support
- Understand author rights (your rights as an author)
- Share and publish your research data - why share your data?
- Ensure your research meets BG体育 research output reporting requirements
Promote your outputs to receive the widest readership possible.
- Lodge your research in BG体育平台网站 Research Bank for added visibility
- Record the impact from your research engagement and impact
- Maintain profiles that tell your research narrative - refine your Researcher Identifiers and your Online Research Profile
- Assess the bibliometric and altmetric impact of your research outputs using research metrics
Ensure your research data and publications are preserved into the future.
- Archive your research outputs using BG体育平台网站 Research Bank
- Use sustainable formats of preservation for archiving your research data
- Back up your work, keep it confidential and manage data storage